[Xen-users] Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

  • To: <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: <georg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:17:57 +0200 (CEST)
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:18:34 -0700

Hi all,

 I'm just trying to install a guest os (opensuse 10.1). I use xen 3.0.2,
OpenSuse 10.1
But when I execute

 xm create -c xmexample1 vmid=1

I got the error:

 Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

I checked hotplug in the yast2, but there is no hotplug available. Is it
installed basicly? I have no /sbin/hotplug script.

Log file /var/log/xen-hotplug.log is empty

Log file /var/log/xend.log only contains no error messages

Content of /var/log/xend-debug.log

 Link veth0 is missing.
 This may be because you have reached the limit of the number of interfaces
 that the loopback driver supports.  If the loopback driver is a module, you
 may raise this limit by passing it as a parameter (nloopbacks=<N>); if the
 driver is compiled statically into the kernel, then you may set the
parameter
 using loopback.nloopbacks=<N> on the domain 0 kernel command line.

Maybe this is my problem?

Thnx for the answers

My config file (xmexample1):

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-xen"
ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-xen"

# Initial memory allocation (in megabytes) for the new domain.
memory = 768

# A name for your domain. All domains must have different names.
name = "evolution_web"

vif = [ '' ]

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Define the disk devices you want the domain to have access to, and
# what you want them accessible as.
# Each disk entry is of the form phy:UNAME,DEV,MODE
# where UNAME is the device, DEV is the device name the domain will see,
# and MODE is r for read-only, w for read-write.

disk = [ 'file:/vms/evolution_web/vm1,sda1,w' ]

# Set root device.
root = "/dev/sda1 ro"

# Root device for nfs.
#root = "/dev/nfs"
# The nfs server.
#nfs_server = '169.254.1.0'
# Root directory on the nfs server.
#nfs_root   = '/full/path/to/root/directory'

# Sets runlevel 4.
extra = "4"