RE: [Xen-users] xen will only load images built for xen v3.0

  • To: "Alan Murrell" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 11:59:00 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 02:59:53 -0700

No can do. Xen 3.x is not backwards compatibel with Xen 2.x. Xen 3.x is
meant to have an interface that allows older Xen 3.x guests to run on
newer Xen 3.y hypervisors, but running Xen 2.x guests on Xen 3.x is not
supported.

> Regarding Mandriva and Xen: Many months ago, I ran into a similar
> problem as Geza: networking would not work.  I switched the host
> (Domain0) to Debian, running the "unstable" version (of the 2.0.x
> series, I believe; I am fairly certain it is not 3.0.x, as this was
> before 3.0.x was released officially)
>
> My DoU's are all Mandriva, though :-)
>
> I am thinking of upgrading to the latest 3.0.x (I have
> another machine I
> can test things on first) but wanted to see what sort of bugs
> others are
> experiencing first.
>
> I would like to have my host system as Mandriva, preferably installed
> via RPM.  I suspect Mandriva Cooker, or possibly the 2007.0
> tree that is
> in "devel" may have more up-to-date builds than the
> pre-release snapshot
> of 3.0.0, though I have not yet looked, but I just may give
> that a shot.

Don't know the answer to this one... Sorry.

--
Mats