[Xen-users] Problem: hidding all NICs from dom0, how to create a virtual one

Hello,

first of all some information, I have a PC with two NICs. One is wired and
connected to a DSL-Modem and one is wireless. I handed both of them over to a
domU with pciback.hide=(00:0f.0)(00:0a.0).
The reason for this setup is that I don't have another NIC for the modem and
actually don't need wired network access. Another point was that I wanted to
keep the dom0 really small and without any services (except ssh).

Since dom0 doesn't have a hardware NIC anymore, I have a problem. The bridge
appears and if I give it an ip (192.168.80.2) I'm able to ping the Internet
but no NAT and no Forwards or anything works even if I accept all traffic on
the router.
Using my Notebook I'm able to surf the net and everything. The firewallsetup
for both nets is more or less the same, so it should work.

So I'm sort of stuck here. My question is, can I create a virtual NIC for dom0
aswell (like vif1.0 in the domUs)? If so how? I tried looking at the xen
networkscripts but didn't find any solution there. The various search engines
didn't help either, they all had a spare NIC.

In case my explanation wasn't understandable, I got a network sketch online in
hope that helps. http://jonathan.v-o-g-t.net/images/xen.gif is how it's
supposed to look/function like. (vdr and webserver are not implemented yet)

Cheers
Jonathan