Re: [Xen-users] Newbie DomU problem

Brian,

Why are you setting the root device in the dom-u to be /dev/sda6 ? Your
dom-u has no such partition specified to be created in the config.

Since you are using ATA drives, you are correct that it should be 'hda'
and not 'sda'.

Change all instances of 'hda6' to 'hda1' in your configuration file and
all should be well. You are specifying how the dom-u deals with your
gentoo image file when making it into a drive. (what disk it becomes on
the dom-u side), this has absolutely nothing to do with dom-0.

In other words, this line :

disk = [ 'file:/home/poncho/gentoo/gentoo.2006-1.img,hda1,w' ]

Is telling the dom-u to mount that image as its own hda1.

root=/dev/hda1 ro is telling it that the newly created hda1 should also
be the root file system, initially read only (as any Linux system would
boot ..), then remount as read-write once init starts.

I can't help you further with this issue unless you make these
corrections first :) Again, completely forget hda6.

You're also still missing a swap file system, which I really recommend
due to the amount of RAM you've allocated the dom-u or you'll be back
shortly wondering about malloc() error messages ;)

Thanks
Tim