Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3, LVM and FC4

Andrew McConnell wrote:

This is my first attempt at setting up Xen.  I've got xend running
without issue but can't seem to create DomU's.  I'm sure I'm missing
something obvious but I've exhausted my resources trying to find it.
I installed from xen-3.0.2.2-86.1 RPMs.

Do I need to do anything more to a LV before trying to use it with Xen?

I assume you've created a filesystem on the LV and have drivers for said fs compiled into your domU kernel.

[root@phllu3 ~]# cat /etc/xen/test.cfg
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16-xen3_86.1_fc4"
memory = 64
name = "vm1"
vif = [ '' ]
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/xen_vg/lvol0,sda1,w' ]

You're missing the following line in /etc/xen/test.cfg :

root = "/dev/sda1 ro";

[root@phllu3 ~]# xm create -c test.cfg

VFS: Cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknown-block(0,0)

Cheers

Andrew