[Xen-users] Re: xm save/restore on a vt enabled machine.

Save and restore is not implemented for HVM domains.  The error your
seeing is an attempt to do a paravirtual save on an HVM domain (doh!).  We
could probably have a better error message here.

In theory, save/restore won't be that hard for HVM domains.  Since QEMU
already supports saving/restore the hardware state, adapting that
shouldn't be that hard.

Unfortunately, save/restore hardware support is broken in some of the
devices QEMU emulates right now.  Specifically, I believe USB and the
Cirrus chipsets are both not working properly.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori