[Xen-users] Xen, multicasting, and vrrpd

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: KEN KANGAN <maju@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:43:05 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:46:29 -0700

Hello,

I have Xen installed on a couple of boxes (Ubuntu 6.06) and would like to use
pen/vrrpd to do loadbalancing/failover between them.

The pen piece works great but the vrrpd give me an error:
"Can't SIOCADDMULTI on eth0. errno=22"

I'm told it is because the kernel wasn't compiled with multicasting.

I downloaded the sources and recompiled with the multicasting flags all set to
Y but I still get the same error when trying to start up vrrpd.

Has anybody ran into this problem and fixed it?  If so how did you go about
getting it to work?

Regards