Re: [Xen-users] NetBSD as Xen domU on FC5

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 23:09:51 -0400
John Woodstock <xen.users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It looks like it was a 7/8/2006 kernel..
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-3-0/200607080000Z/i386/binary/kernel/netbsd-XENU.gz

That one is a Xen2 kernel.  netbsd-3-0 (for releases 3.0.x) doesn't
contain Xen3 support.  netbsd-3 (for releases 3.1+) does contain Xen3
support.

> I'm very comfortable with FreeBSD kernels, I'm very new to NetBSD.. A
> pointer to instructions would be great..

Well, I think the easiest way would be to fetch the netbsd-3 sources
using your preferred method (e.g., anoncvs with cvs -d
anoncvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot co -P -rnetbsd-3 src) and then
compile the XEN3_DOMU kernel with (from the top of the sources tree):

./build.sh tools kernel=XEN3_DOMU

Note that you don't need a NetBSD installation to do that.  build.sh
will work just fine on FreeBSD, Linux or Solaris.

Quentin Garnier.