Re: [Xen-users] Quick xen question

On 20 Jul 2006, at 22:26, William M. Fennell wrote:

Hi ,
I have a real simple question.  Does the free xen do a bare metal
install or does it go on top of
and OS?

Someone will correct me if I am wrong :D

The free xen is made up of 2 components, the hypervisor which is what the BIOS boots, and a customised Linux kernel that boots dom0

So it kindof goes _under_ an OS, but also as part of the OS.

The easiest way to use it is with a Linux distro that already supports Xen as dom0.

--
Wayne Pascoe    (gpg --keyserver www.co.uk.pgp.net --recv-keys 79A7C870)
I haven't lost my mind... It's backed