Re: Fw: [Xen-users] using Tape Drive

> From: "Daniel Bauer" <mlist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > is it possible to use a tape drive in a domU?
> >
> > I could access it als /dev/sg0 and /dev/st1 in dom0.
>
> does really nobody have a clue?

You can't pass through a tape drive straightforwardly.  You could assigned the
SCSI controller PCI device to the domU and have it control all the SCSI
devices attached to it...

Best solution is probably to use a network tape backup solution of your choice
and use that - just pretend the dom0 is the tape backup server and domU is a
client.

Cheers,
Mark