[Xen-users] Re: Guest on Ubuntu host -> SuSE host ?

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 02:02:35PM +0200, Per Jensen wrote:
> 1a. File to partition ?
> The guest is stored in a file and not on a partition. Can that be changed
> at a later point, perhaps just migrating ?, or do I have to created a new
> guest from scratch.

Just create the block device, mkfs it, mount it somewhere, mount your file
somewhere else over loop, copy from one to the other, unmount it all, change
your Xen config, and all will be well.

> 1b. File resizing
> As far as I understand it is not possible to extend the size of a
> filebased guest OS, is that correct ?

No.

> 2. Migrating between different host OS
> Is is possible to migrate the Ubuntu guest from the Ubuntu host OS to
> another host OS say SuSE ?

Modulo differences in Xen versions, there shouldn't be a problem at all.

- Matt