Re: [Xen-users] Intel VT platform vs SVM (Pacifica)

  • To: Matt Ouellette <mfo62786@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Haavard Bjerke <havard.bjerke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:17:54 +0200
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:18:43 -0700

Matt Ouellette wrote:
   We're looking to buy a new servers.  We're planning on using Xen to
consolidate our many boxes into one.  Which platform would be the best
for this?
I've searched for documentation supporting either side, but have found
none. I have heavily researched the Performance and specs of the
processors and platforms. From what I gather Intel is probably going to
be my first choice.

What are issues that you guys have run into using Xen on either an Intel
or AMD with hardware supported virtualization. Has anyone found documents clearly stating which is superior?
I am also interested in people's personal experience with platforms with
hardware virtualization enabled.

I did a little comparison between the two architectures some while ago:

http://project-xen.web.cern.ch/project-xen/xen/hardware.html

--
Havard