Re: [Xen-users] xen-3.0.2-2 and redhat-cluster (gfs/clvm/etc)

Matthijs ter Woord wrote:
>> Cluster Suite 1.02.00 (withe some important patches, also in Portage)
>> builds fine for Gentoo Portage for 2.6.16.26 patched with Xen 3.0.2.
>> Now, if only the VMs would stop stalling and getting fenced all of the
>> time...
>
> Does this mean you are able to fail over virtual machines?

In a LVS sort of way?  Yes, although failover in a cluster that is using
 GFS only works as well as automated or manual fencing does.  Since I
can't get my domU nodes to ssh into the dom0 for fence_xen to work (Xen
networking issue of some sort that I don't have time to figure out), I
have to use manual xm destroy and fence_ack_manual.  It's a real pain in
the ass.  It wouldn't be an issue at all if the domUs didn't miss so
many heartbeats.  I have a hunch that the credit scheduler in 3.0.3 is
going to help that a lot.

--
Christopher G. Stach II