Re: [Xen-users] Recomended Vendors for HVM servers?.

  • To: "Robert Vanderley" <vanderro@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Chris McKeever" <techjedi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:32:17 -0500
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:33:29 -0700

On 7/25/06, Robert Vanderley <vanderro@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm here flipping through Linux Journal looking for server vendors. I
had the bright idea of adding a tab for every server vendor advertised
in the magazine. I got to about 10 and then stopped. I know they just
recently advertised Aberdeen in "Ultimate Linux Server" as a good
vendor, but they practically have no warranty on parts.

This is word-of-mouth - but aberdeen had pretty bad turn around on
getting replacement parts out, and the delayed a new order because
'parts were not in stock' but never told the buyer of the delay -- it
just dragged out

again - word of mouth

Sad to say... we can't wait for socket F, and the current Opterons don't
support HVM. Xeon is looking like the way to go... But I would prefer to
buy AMD since HVM seem to "just work" with AMD. We plan to run 10+
servers and there's no Athlon 64 X2 boards with more than only 8GB of
RAM offered at the places I've been looking (gamepc.com).

Anyone know/recommend a great place to buy?

Lost and confused. Thanks for any input.
~Rob