Re: [Xen-users] XEN configuration issue

Girish Mani wrote:
Hi,

I have installed XEN in my Fedora Linux machine and have the following entries in the /boot/grub/grub.conf file:
<<<<<<<
title Fedora Core (2.6.17.3 <http://2.6.17.3>)
        root (hd0,4)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.17.3 <http://2.6.17.3> ro root=/dev/vol/root rhgb quiet
        initrd /initrd-2.6.17.3.img
title Xen 3.0 / XenLinux 2.6
        root (hd0,4)
        kernel /xen-3.0.gz dom0_mem=262144
        module /vmlinuz-2.6-xen root=/dev/sda5 ro console=tty0

You need to create an initrd and add a line to the Xen grub entry:
       module /initrd-xen.img

To make an initrd, do something like this:

mkinitrd -v -f initrd-xen.img 2.6.16.13-xen

Also, make sure the device drivers you need (e.g. SCSI) are included/
I have the following concerns:
1. Can someone the value that should go in the "root" field of the "module" parameter? What value should this contain. Is it the "root path" from where the current OS is loading (or) "boot path" from where the current OS is loading? 2. When I reboot the machine and try loading XEN, the "VFS failure" error occurs. I understand this is because of the wrong value in the "root" field.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

David F Barrera
Linux Technology Center
Systems and Technology Group, IBM

"The wisest men follow their own direction. "

                         Euripides