[Xen-users] xen bridging firewall problem

Sorry if this is a duplicate... I've been having some problems with my
mail client and wasn't sure if this went through the first time.

---

Hi all,

I'm having some problems configuring a DomU bridging firewall with Xen,
and I was hoping someone here could help. Hopefully I'm just doing
something foolish here that can be easily fixed :). Here's my setup:

In my firewall domain I have to interfaces, one attached to xenbr0
(which peth0 is a member), and the other attached to dumbr0 (which
dummy0 is a member). My other DomU, which is suppose to connect via my
firewall, has one interface, attached to dumbr0. I'm not sure if I
actually need the dummy0 interface, but it seemed like the right thing
to do ;-).

$ brctl show
xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif0.0
                                                        peth0
                                                        vif1.0
dumbr0          8000.12615a37fb1a       no              dummy0
                                                        vif1.1
                                                        vif2.0

firewall config:
vif      = [ 'bridge=xenbr0', 'bridge=dumbr0' ]

otherdomU config:
vif      = [ 'bridge=dumbr0' ]

In otherdomU I can ping the firewall, I can ping the gateway, and I can
ping hosts outside of the gateway, including the nameserver. However,
otherdomU can't resolve any domain names (yes, resolv.conf is set
properly). I can ssh to my firewall from otherdomU, but I can't ssh to
other servers in the same network even when I specify the ip address.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!
Scott