RE: [Xen-users] System seams slower with Xenified kernel and xend dies with SIG 15

  • To: "Gabriel Rossetti" <rossettigab@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 12:08:51 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 03:10:53 -0700

Yes, but some of the changes in the Xenified kernel is to add/change the
code in drivers... And since the binary for the ATI (or nVidia) drivers
aren't source-code, they don't get the new code by recompiling the
kernel...

> If so then I would make sense that it stays transparent so that
> everything would still work and
> not have to recompile everything like in Denali. At least
> that's what I
> think, from what I saw in
> an OS class, and that I had to implement an OS's memory
> managment, but I
> may be wrong. Also,
> my binary Intel ipw3945 wireless drivers work fine, so I don't think
> that is it, but then again, I may
> be wrong. From my light investigation I think it's a path problem, it
> can't find something apparently,
> and I don't get why not. I'll have to look at it more when I
> find the time.

Maybe the wireless driver is more "well-behaved".

--
Mats