Re: [Xen-users] saving state without stopping

On Friday 04 August 2006 14:57, Xavier Grehant wrote:
> Hi -
>
> Is it possible to save the state of a virtual domain without stopping it?
> It looks like 'xm save' stops the VM. When we want to use it to checkpoint
> the VM, we then have to restart it. Is it a waste of time or is it
> necessary anyways?

Since you'll need a snapshot of all blockdevices attached to the device, too,
and that snapshot has to be from exact the same moment (from the domUs point
of view), there's no real way to work arround stopping the domU...

usually:
  save domU
  snapshot all blockdevices
  let domU run again