RE: [Xen-users] [newbie] Error: Not an HVM capable platform...

  • To: "Ben Anderson" <benanderson.us@xxxxxxxxx>, <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "McFadden, Gordon" <gordon_mcfadden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 13:45:52 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 13:47:09 -0700

Hi Ben

Indeed this processor does not have the VT instruction set.
See
http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Intel_BOXED_PENTIUM_4_3_0GHZ_32BIT_1MB_MP_BO
XED_PENTIUM_4_3_0GHZ_32BIT_1MB_MP for a good description of your
processor.

This is still a pretty robust processor that supports HT so you should
still be able to implement a s/w version of Xen with acceptable results.

Cheers,

Gord

--
Gordon McFadden