[Xen-users] xen dom0 bootup problems

I'm attempting to convert my Debian Sarge desktop to a xen dom0
instance, and I'm having some problems. I'm using the backports.org
debian packages, xen 3.0.2

I can boot into the system, but the boot process seems to freeze during
the /etc/rc2.d/S* scripts. It used to freeze while executing
/etc/rc2.d/S20xfs. I worked around that by uninstalling xfs. Now it
freezes while executing /etc/rc2.d/S89atd. That is alot closer to the
end of the startup scripts, so it is tempting to disable atd somehow, to
get it to see if it will boot. But I can't help thinking there is some
underlying problem here, which disabling atd won't solve.

When it does stall, I find that ctrl-c doesn't kill the script, but
ctrl-alt-del does initiate init shutting to runlevel 6. Unfortunately it
then stalls while executing /etc/rc6.d/K20dbus-1.

I've considered it might be a memory limitation, and I've set
dom0_mem=406000 in the /boot/grub/menu.lst for the xen instance.

Any tips from experienced xeners?
--
Geoff Crompton
Debian System Administrator