RE: [Xen-users] How many Windows2003 on VT or pacifica

  • To: "Antoine Nivard" <anivard@xxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 13:47:00 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 04:48:02 -0700

You can definitely run more than one Windows instance on one machine with Xen,
no worries there... But the performance and well-behaving of the system will to
a large extent depend on what you're actually doing within that Windows guest -
is it just sitting there answering the odd Web-request, or is it a very busy
file-/mail-server for a big office?

> If 4/5 VM per CPU is possible, with Windows as VM, for me it's ok

It's POSSIBLE, but I wouldn't recommend it if you've got more than a little bit
of load on any of the machines...

--
Mats