Re: [Xen-users] Ethernet MTU

Le Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 12:13:35PM +0200, Sylvain Coutant [sco@xxxxxxxxxx] a
écrit:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any plan to raise supported ethernet mtu above 1500 ?
> Currently, packets are dropped above this point (tested against
> xen-3.0.2-testing). Even 802.1q tags require explicitly lowering the
> mtu to 1496 to work.

Are you sure the driver for your ethernet card handle correctly the
802.1q tagged frames when run without Xen ?

The 3c59x or tulip drivers, for example, are known not to work without
patching the driver, since they drop frames larger than 1500.
For working ones, I know Intel (e100 and e1000) are ok, for this.

Never tried/looked if Xen's vif layer put a limitation on this,
although.
(which should be quite trivial to patch, if any)

Dominique

--
Dominique Rousseau
Neuronnexion, Prestataire Internet & Intranet