Re: [Xen-users] using physical disks with HVM

  • To: "Steve Dobbelstein" <steved@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Henning Sprang" <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 01:26:26 +0200
  • Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:27:13 -0700
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=b5UpglvSrEX7RQxBQ0atd4k2Ce/2X9PeHb18oQn3gmQ7yj7IIGi+31fL1dYCp+CC8uIbg+N+9CPVIHGIiqtsVkKBxflqIq7PIxGQjb3Claxub2teXFp5fG3LLxlG5uDBKn3+tzIoUehgelqpMsbuvqUs/bhzKmCMwaIchIjNB64=

On 8/16/06, Steve Dobbelstein <steved@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> I just tried that out, and just reused the config file that didn't
> work yesterday, but today it just worked, also with the relative path.

Glad it's working for you.

Strange enough, now I am at a point to see that I have again booting
problems with hvm, but without any error message(in no log file, nor
xm dmesg), and they go away when adding the full path to the disk. But
defintely not the qemu error message I had before.

I've been trying out and testing a lot other things, so I can't tell
what exactly I changed in the meantime.

Not having seen this problem myself I can only guess what might be going
wrong.  I doubt it's a kernel module since you said nothing changed with
the setup.  I'm guessing that perhaps qemu has a bug in setting up the disk
or that the Xen domain creation tools have a bug in generating the
appropriate parameters for invoking qemu.  But those are just guesses.

I'll have an eye on it and try to figure out if I get more
reproducable results to track what is going on there. Unfortunately I
didn't version control my configs...

Henning