[Xen-users] Abysmal network performance from HVM domains

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had any hints on getting decent I/O
(specifically network I/O) from an HVM domain. At the moment I'm using
the pcnet32 driver, but the performance is abysmal.

I found this at Intel's website
http://www.intel.com/technology/itj/2006/v10i3/3-xen/5-performance-tuning-vt-x.htm

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on achieving this kind
of performance. At the moment I get about 5MB/s from gigabit ethernet or
the host machine using wget, and 1.6MB/s using scp.

Any ideas? I've tried all of xen-unstable, xen-testing and xen-3.0.2,
with very similar results.

--
Dave Cameron

Systems Support
QUICKCIRCUIT
ELECTRONIC DESIGN & CONTRACT MANUFACTURING
Tel. +64 9 448 1901 ext 836
Fax. +64 9 448 1903
www.quickcircuit.co.nz
2 Piermark Drive. PO Box 302859, North Harbour, Auckland, NZ