RE: [Xen-users] Confused

You have two choices:
1. use HVM (full virtualization), which requires a processor that has
hardware support for virtualization (AMDV or Intel VT). Aside from
getting the required hardware, this should work pretty straight-forward
[SHOULD - but you may run into some interesting problems - particularly
if the boot-loader does interesting things in real-mode and you're
selecting Intel VT, since the Intel machines don't have full real-mode
support under virtualization - although this is being worked on].

2. Find/create a version of Solaris-x86 that is para-virtual, i.e.
modify places in the code that accesses hardware, memory mapping, etc,
etc. This requires that someone who has access to the source-code and
sufficient skill to modify it to use the Xen hypercalls where it's
needed.

--
Mats