[Xen-users] SCSI Passthrough setup within VM

Hello,

I am trying to setup a VM that has access to a tape device so that I can create a Virtual Machine based backup solution.

To answer a few questions:
why not use dom0: I like to keep things separate, dom0 should NOT be doing anything but managing the server in my mind.

I am also considering making a mythTV VM as well.

Currently I have tried in /etc/rc.d/rc.local

/sbin/rmmod st sg aic7xxx
/sbin/modprobe pciback
echo -n "0000:02:03.0" > /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000\:02\:03.0/driver/unbind
for x in 0000:02:02.0 0000:02:03.0
do
   echo -n $x > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/pciback/new_slot
   echo -n $x > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/pciback/bind
done

Also in /etc/modprobe.conf I have:
options pciback permissive hide=(0000:02:02.0)(0000:02:03.0)
install aic7xxx /sbin/modprobe pciback; /sbin/modprobe --first-time --ignore-install aic7xxx
# alias scsi_hostadapater1 aic7xxx

Inside the /etc/xen/machinename file is
pci = ['02:02.0','02:03.0']

So now the question is, while there are no errors in the logfiles, the domU can not find the device.... lspci inside domU does not work, etc. Is there a place I can find an aic7xxx driver for the tape device? Is there more a cheatsheet for PCI PassThrough that covers SCSI in more detail? Do I have to rebuild the domU kernel to get this device?

Best regards,
Edward Haletky