[Xen-users] Re: Differences in performance between file and LVM based images.

"Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx> said.

> >  Hello folks,
> >
> >  How much is the performance penalty if you use a file
> > instead of an LVM? Has there been any benchmarks on this?
>
> I haven't done any benchmarks, but I would like to point out that it
> would depend VERY MUCH on exactly what the application running on top of
> the VM is.

 And how will that depend on the application?  Disk access is pretty much about
the read/write/seek times right? Do you mean that there are some applications
that will be faster on file based disks, and some others that faster on LVMs?

 Thanks a lot for your time.

--
:: Ligesh :: http://ligesh.com