Re: [Xen-users] Accessing serial port

First, to make grub use the serial console, I add:
serial --unit=0 --speed=9600
terminal --timeout=2 serial console

to my grub config (grub.conf or menu.lst)

then I make a grub section to boot xen and my dom0 like this:

title           xen-3.0.2-2/2.6.16-xen0
root            (hd0,0)
kernel          /boot/xen.gz com1=9600,8n1 dom0_mem=256000
module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16-xen0 console=/dev/ttyS0\ root=/dev/md0 ro qla2xxx
boot

I compiled the dom0 kernel with the serial drivers disabled (the xen compiliation foo does it for you... just don't re-enable them.)

then I uncomment the line in /etc/inittab that looks like this:
T0:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyS0 9600 vt100

and from the box I'm using to console in (my console server is a FreeBSD box with an 8-port rocketport but a laptop with a crossover cable would work fine as well) I use cu -lttyR02 -s9600 (where ttyR02 is the serial port on the terminal server or laptop)