Re: [Xen-users] live migration time increases when using "mem-set"

Tim -

What services are running on the dom-u's , and did you take any measures
from within the dom-u's to clear idle child daemons out of cache?

In other words lets use lighttpd with php as fastcgi for example.
Lighttpd starts xx # of php children upon startup, and scales to the max
# allowed during use.

So if you had .. 30 children @ 15 MB each, and each one malloc()'ing an
additional 10 MB of elbow room, then reduce ram suddenly and migrate, I
would think those children would start paging dirty .. which would
increase i/o wait and could explain it.

If you did restart daemons that start idle children so the cache was
freed prior to reducing memory allocated .. then I'm baffled too.

HTH
- Tim