If could be possible to assign a real device to the VM then no bridge, routing or nat would be necessary. right?

thanx

kimus

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 13:52 +0200, Petersson, Mats wrote:

From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Helder Rossa
Sent: 04 September 2006 22:34
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: How to Networking Bridge?

I DID IT!!

I had to compile tun kernel module (Universal TUN/TAP device driver, 1.6) . After this all worked Fine!!

Another question: my network is at 10Mbps (?!) is there some configuration? My ethX is 1Gb!!!

That doesn't really matter. It's just a VIRTUAL network card anyways, so you're not going to be limited by the "10Mbps" in any real way... It's just part of the emulation of the network card that uses a pretty basic PCNet32 device, which doesn't say 100Mbps or 1Gbps... It wouldn't be very hard to change that, but what's the point - it never hits any real hardware, so whatever the number reported, it's not actually reflecting anything real. Having said all that, the latest QEMU version (in xen unstable) also supports a couple of new network cards, including a 100Mbps realtek 8139. Not that it will make much of a difference to the ACTUAL transfer rate tho'.

--
Mats

thanx