Re: [Xen-users] crazy SWAP and RAM idea

Crazy is a good word for it .. but would be interesting to see the
results.

I'd use a CF or USB stick (as large as you can find) to do that with,
sounds rather adventurous, but I think would prove to be problematic.

Kernel frees swap very quickly after it becomes available, so your
basically preventing all services on the dom-u's from caching idle
children, and they'd need to fork for every connection. It would be a
significant performance degradation.

If you used conventional ramdisks, you'd be able to fry an egg on the
northbridge.

Good luck however :)

--Tim