Re: [Xen-users] LVM2 snapshots and XEN = problem :(

I have also avoided using snapshots so far for the same reasons. I've also been looking at EVMS (as I have a SAN, but no raid controller, and I'd like to be able to give each domU a small fraction of a mirror and still be able to individually hot-migrate domains. I believe this can be done with EVMS. see
http://www.archivesat.com/Xen_technical_preview_development/thread481214.htm
)

As for the LVM snapshot issues, I have avoided lvm snapshots so far out of fear of dom0 crashes. Would it be possible for me to export the master volume read-only to all the domUs, then have the domUs each create and mount their own writable snapshot in DomU-space? If it's in domU space, stability is less of a concern.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] LVM2 snapshots and XEN = problem :(