[Xen-users] Question about running Xen on VT CPU: Unmodified OS and Windows benchmarks?

  • To: Xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Alan Murrell <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 14:20:05 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 14:26:13 -0700

Hi There,

I have a couple of (potentiallyy stupid) questions regarding running Xen on a
VT-enabled CPU.

  1.) I have heard it mentioned that one can run "unmodified" versions of the
Linux OS.  Does this mean that the DomU can use it's own kernel (i.e.,
instead of the Xen-specific compiled one)?

  2.) For those of you that are running Windows under Xen, how are you finding
it's performance?  Is it fairly close to "native" speed?  What sort of issues
do you find with it?

Thanks!

-Alan