[Xen-users] Need to monitor x86 port i/o

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: MikeK <mike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 18:16:39 -0700 (PDT)
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 03:14:40 -0700

I need an environment in which I am able to monitor an old DOS application's
access of specific I/O ports. I am unable to get my hands on an old copy of
SoftIce and the app I am monitoring executes a lot of data (lol) so
disassembly is not much of an option. Can XEN be configured to do this
somehow? If not does anyone have any recommendations of a monitor or debug
product that can be used so I can set some breakpoints on access to specific
ports. Obviously the x86 debug architecture supports this but I am having a
tough time finding tools that I can quickly get my hands on to figure out
this application's behavior. Thanks in advance,
Mike