Re: [Xen-users] All domU blocked

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 13:10, Tom Z. Napierala wrote:
> Hi,
> I've notice strange thing, all my domUs are listed as blocked:
> Name                              ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State  Time(s)
> Domain-0                           0      251     2 r-----  4166.2
> g01                               28      256     2 -b----   508.3
> g02                               26      128     1 -b----   235.7
> g03                               35      512     1 -b----    17.2
>
> although they are running fine.
> I'm just wondering what can be wrong, because I need proper reporting for
> some monitoring tools. Host system is Ubuntu Dapper Server running Xen
> 3.0.1 binary,  guests Debians, Ubuntus.
> Any ideas?

You got a single-CPU system, right?

The moment you run the xm command, the CPU is obviously with Domain-0,
producing your output. That means, all other domains don`t have the CPU right
now, hence are listed as blocked.

The only chance to see a domU in a state other than "b" is to use a SMP
system. :)

/Ernst