[Xen-users] A few questions

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: tsuraan <tsuraan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:49:12 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:49:59 -0700

Sorry if this has come up before, but the xen-users search function is totally broken right now (a search for "xen" yields 0 results, anyhow).

As I understand it, I can have a xen kernel that exposes the raw video card device to an underlying virtual machine.  Will this allow windows to use the normal nVidia graphics drivers to have hardware acceleration, provided that I'm running on a Pacifica machine (assuming the iommu is necessary)?

If that works, then I have another question.  Does xen machine migration between identical hardware and xen kernel configurations allow for Windows to be migrated if it has raw hardware access to the video card?  That sounds like some really dark magic if it works, but I can't find any reference that says it's impossible.  Of course, I don't even see how machine migration can keep network connections up, so there's probably something I'm missing...

Thanks for any help!