Re: [Xen-users] xen & vmware

----- Guo Liang <blue_stone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| Sorry. I had just installed vmware on xen dom0,
| today, when i try to run vms on vmware, i get a error.
| i think it is because of vmware's memory usage methord is not
| compatable  with
| xen.
| i'm working on it.
|
| å ææä 11 äæ 2006 02:29ïChris Croome åéï
| > Hi
| >
| > On Sun 10-Sep-2006 at 11:18:01PM +0800, Guo Liang wrote:
| > > I've install xen on vmware
| > > and vmware on xen dom0
| > >
| > > both of them  work fine
| >
| > When I tried running VMWAre on a Dom0 FC5 in May I didn't get
| anywhere
| > and I was also told:
| >
| >    Layering one virtualization technology on top of another isn't
| going
| >    to work.
| >

| http://www.vmware.com/community/message.jspa?messageID=396827#396827
| >
| > When I asked about this on the VMWare site... So I guess this is
| not
| > true and you can run VMWare on Xen :-)
| >
| > Chris

We have never tried running VMware on Xen.  But we have installed a Xen Dom0
machine in a VMware virtual machine, and then created two DomU machines in the
virtual Dom0 machine successfully.

We did this to prototype and test a Xen deployment, not for production.

A Message From...  L. Mark Stone

Reliable Networks of Maine, LLC

"We manage your network so you can manage your business"

477 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101
Tel: (207) 772-5678

This email was sent from Reliable Networks of Maine LLC.
It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If you suspect that you were not intended to receive it, please
delete it and notify us as soon as possible. Thank you.