Re: [Xen-users] Xen and Dapper

On 09/14/06 12:47, William Hanwoody wrote:
> å Thursday 14 September 2006 09:03ïJohn Cassidy åéï
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have downloaded the XEN (3.0.2) binaries, done the install and created
>> the XEN kernel.
>>
>> I used this Howto: http://www.planetjoel.com/viewarticl... Dapper+Drake
>>
>> After the usual problems with /dev/loop, /var/run/xenstored and
>> /var/run/xend. Domain 0 starts and all seems well.
>>
>> VMT is enabled, I am running with an Intel D 930.
>>
>> As soon as I try to start a DomU (WINXP): xm create winxp
>>
>> everything freezes, no error messages, this needs a reboot.
>>
>> Before I send log excerpts, would anyone have had the same experience??
>>
> I met this problem too.
> try using testing version
> $hg clone  http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.0-testing.hg

I've seen this problem too.  I would also suggest using testing, and you
MUST make sure enough memory is available for the guest to use.  Many
times I would forget to run a xm mem-set command to reduce dom0's
memory, and the system would restart or freeze.

I use the following script to prepare Xen for use...

#!/bin/sh
mkdir /var/run/xend
mkdir /var/run/xenstored
/etc/init.d/xend restart