RE: [Xen-users] Status of Xen-Powermanagement-Support

  • To: "Hannes Petschauer" <hapet@xxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:06:08 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 05:13:10 -0700

I was talking to Keir about this at the Xen Summit last week, and the
conclusion was that it's still not done - the code is in Xen to support
writing the MSR's, but the code to understand the overall CPU-load has
to be written. Looking at Xentop and it's interfaces and combining that
with some existing code for deciding CPU speed should be a workable
solution.

--
Mats