Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.2 panic on CPU 0: unable to change apic_id

Nick Anderson ha scritto:
>> I added "noapic acpi=off" to the first module line (added to linux
>> kernel parameters). When booted the first time i got a fast reset after
>> first kernel lines (i cannot read these). Second time i boot it, i got
>> the previous error (unable to change apic_id).
>>
>> Very strange!
>> Any hint?
>
> Is this on your dom0 or domU ?

I am a Xen newbie... i read the ubuntu/xen howto. I have just installed
Xen 3.0.2. I havent configured any domU... this problems its on dom0, i
think! To avoid the problem i added some params ("noapic acpi=off") on
my menu.lst Xen entry (please confirm this is what you meant):

title Xen 3.0 / XenLinux 2.6
kernel /boot/xen-3.gz
module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen root=/dev/hda2 ro noapic acpi=off
module /boot/initrd.img-2.6.16-xen

Bye bye,
Paolo Scaffardi
http://www.arsenio.net