Re: [Xen-users] prebuilt tar ball installation problems

If you have /etc/rc.d/init.d then I'm assuming you're on some kind of
white box flavor, which means tar is going to treat symlinks a little
differently by default.

You can fix this just by issuing:

mv /etc/init.d/* /etc/rc.d/init.d/

then re-link it via

rm -rf /etc/init.d
ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/ /etc/init.d

then run a chkconfig --list to be sure everything is on or off in the
appropriate run levels.

As for your initrd, that should be rather easy to make :

mkinitrd /boot/initrd-(kernelname).img `uname -r` may do the trick, if
not specify your kernel version so mkinitrd knows what modules to build
in the initrd image. (kernelname) should be the same as uname -r.

Not sure if you were just posting your experiences, or asking for
help .. so sorry if my reply seems rather pedantic :)

HTH
-Tim