Re: [Xen-users] Error on DomU with xencons=ttyS

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 08:38 +0900, MINAI Katsuhito wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question on /etc/inittab for DomU booted with xencons parameter.
>
> I saw the following error messages when I appended xencons=ttyS to DomU
> boot option.
>
>   INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
>   INIT: Id "2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
>   INIT: Id "4" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
>   INIT: Id "3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
>   INIT: Id "5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
>   INIT: Id "6" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

This looks suspiciously like the error associated with a stopped or
troubled xfs service when booting in runlevel 5 in Red Hat / Fedora.

Why this would appear in a serial console, I don't know. When I've seen
this error in a regular system, I boot into another runlevel (1 or 3)
and fix xfs.