Re: [Xen-users] Proposal for a xen-users(/devel?) netiquette

On 20 Sep 2006, at 6:17 PM, Tom Z. Napierala wrote:

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 09:35, Tim Post wrote:
I think all of us are happy to sort through either top or bottom
quoting, or full quotes provided there is something of interest in the message to begin with. I don't think we need to get *that* particular as
many people just go with whatever their mail client does by default.

So it's time to change an email client ;)

What a practical solution. It works the rest of the time but we should change to suit a mailing list. Yes, I'm sure mutt does things better (I'm not picking on you Tom by the way - you just happened to bring up something (in a smiling way) that irks me). We live in a time of varying email clients that take getting used to and we should try to smile and deal with situations as they present themselves, IMHO. I know Mail.app doesn't wrap lines nicely for example.

Many lists fall under criticism for being snobbish about rather mundane
things when in fact its only a few extra bytes in a message to scroll
past, and shouldn't trigger any resentment in someone who is inclined to
be helpful to begin with :)

Top-posting is bad, and there is no doubt about it. Why? We, IT people rely on logic, we are also rather busy. There is no logic in top-posting, and let me
show you small example: