[Xen-users] loops over iscsi / aoe?

Hello list -

Just curious if anyone has had the need to explore using loops vs lvm
located on iscsi or aoe attached storage (private gig-e network).

I realize the degradation in performance if over 20 loops are used,
however I wonder if there is a significant i/o bottleneck to worry about
if shared storage is mixed into the equation.

You can also assume good SATA raid controllers (arecra or 3ware) on the
shared storage, with boards that have at least 1GB SODIMM cache
available as an option. (Tyan MB's)

Say if you found your self still lvm-phobic from the last
lv-catastrophe ... and expected a farm of VM's that could conceivably
reconfigure a few times a day.

Thanks,
-Tim