[Xen-users] Ppara-virtualized guest domain has better disk I/O performance than domain0?

Hi,

I did some SAS physical drive performance testing using IOMeter. I used the latest xen-unstable version with Linux kernel 2.6.16.13. The Linux I used is Red Hat Enterprise AS 4.4. I compared the performance data between Xen Linux Domain0 and Xen Para-Virtualized Linux Guest DomainU. I used the same Linux kernel and ramdisk module for both dom0 and domU. To my surprise, I found Linux domainU has better physical drive performance than Xen Linux domain0 (for both small packet size and large packet size).

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks,

Liang