[Xen-users] Re: Fw: Xend start and after lose network

Mr. Domicile,

I was reading your error and believe I just hit exactly the same condition with FC5. The problem that I had turned out to be the MAC address of the ethernet adapter. In your post, it showed a HWADDR of FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF. You should see a real MAC address here.

What was happening on my server was that "sometimes" the system would not read the HW address from the ethernet card. By adding a hard-coded MACADDR=nn:nn:nn:nn:nn:nn line in 'icfg-eth0', I found I could force a real address and thus work around this issue.

In my case, I think the issue is somewhat flaky hardware.

Hopefully this will help you as well.

ps:  I am "off-list" but the archives are still quite useful.