Re: [Xen-users] Network based storage - NBD/AoE/iSCSI other?

On Oct 2, 2006, at 7:08 AM, John Madden wrote:

the Coraid's 15-drive box is just a P4 SuperMicro mainboard, with two
SuperMicro 8-port SATA cards on a 3U SuperMicro case, and an IDE flashdrive
with Plan9 OS and its own software.  nothing hard to replicate...

And their performance numbers are relatively terrible, so you should be
able to do much better by building it on your own.  (Unless the bad
performance numbers are due to AoE itself, which I somewhat doubt, but
regardless, I was able to do about 30% better with iSCSI.)

In terms of what? We're getting a very high IOPS rate, and nearly saturating gigabit ethernet.

Not arguing, just curious!

--
-- Tom Mornini