[Xen-users] exact Core 2 Duo setup supporting Intel-VT

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Lutrin Jean <jeanlutrin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 16:46:01 +0200 (CEST)
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 07:48:03 -0700

Hi all,

I checked the following page but it is not
exhaustive:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/IntelVT

(it actually doesn't even lists Core 2 Duo
as supporting Intel-VT [it lists Core Duo
though]... I'm not familiar with Wikis, I don't
know how I can change this myself [and I don't
know either if I'm allowed to change it])

Could all the people reading this who
successfully managed to run unmodified
guest OSes (Windows or other) under Xen 3
on an homebuild/selfbuild Intel Core 2 Duo
post the exact specs of their system?

I'm especially interested in :

motherboard
exact memory brand/model/references

but any additional infos (like Linux version,
BIOS revision, exact kernel version,
graphic card,  network card, maximum amount
of memory  supported by the motherboard, any
gotchas encountered while installing/configuring
the system etc.) are also very welcome.

Thanks a lot if you can help, I'm having
real problems finding any valuable infos
on such a setup,

  Jean

Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet
!
Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos
expériences.
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com