Re: [Xen-users] AMD's VT for chipsets

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's part of the translation or some other sort of
misunderstanding, but chipsets (non-processor components) are not
necessary for the AMD-V technology (formerly Pacifica) to operate
I think he means s.th. related to the problem of the virtualisation of the i/o that the AMD-CPUs should do better than the first Intel-implementation of VT.

AMD calls this "AMD I/O Virtualization Technology (IOMMU) Specification", you find a PDF here: http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/34434.pdf

The "Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VTd)" should be implemented in a later version of Intel-VT (see PDF: ftp://download.intel.com/technology/computing/vptech/Intel(r)_VT_for_Direct_IO.pdf ).

But actually I don't know the status of this technique too and if there are really advantages for the user right now!
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf