Re: [Xen-users] Confused about bridged DomU's.

On 10/03/06 21:19, Ed Roper wrote:

> I have a system with the following network interfaces. It serves as a
> firewall/router in addition to now running a couple XenU's.

You should try the network-private script I posted to the list a few
days ago

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-09/msg00925.html

You use network-private and vif-bridge.  It creates a private network of
all the domUs, with the interface veth0 in dom0 connected to that
private network.

So you can set up masquerade/iptables/whatever between veth0 (which will
get an address like 192.168.0.1 (or something else you configure) and
the rest of the network in dom0.

I think using this script is a lot simpler, all of the connection and
filtering can take place in dom0 just like a normal network card.

John